Monday, June 11, 2012

With a Cherry on Top

I was recently asked by my very first follower (thank you, Kathy) if I want people to comment on the "Try-It" posts.  And my answer:
YES!
PLEASE!!
PRETTY PLEASE!!!
But it wasn't until last Friday, while in a session with Donalyn Miller, that it hit me:  
Member of the Nerdy Book Club
The Nerdy Book Club
I needed a mentor for how to craft the participation plea!  
Donalyn talked about her experience with her "The Nerdy Book Club" blog.   She explained how the whole thing just exploded.  But not without the help of her 
guest bloggers and avid readers.  
So, I have used her site as my mentor, and now you'll find a description of how you might choose to participate in this online community at the top of the page as well as a "Submit a Try-It Idea" link on the right.  So, come on, give it a try:  

  • Go back to a post that struck you in some way and share your Try-It via the comment link.  
  • Or, if the summer sun has made you particularly adventurous, click on the link to submit your own idea.  I am hoping to launch a "Slice of Summer" soon and would love your ideas to kick this off (and create a tool we can all use in the fall).

No comments:

Post a Comment